A Part of the University of Maryland Medical Center

Connect with UMGCC
Facebook Twitter YouTube Blog iPhone
Email PageEmail page Print PagePrint page

Home >Information for Patients > Dictionary Index

Dictionary of Cancer Terms

View in Spanish: Investigador clínico

Clinical researcher (KLIH-nih-kul reh-SER-cher)
A health professional who works directly with patients, or uses data from patients, to do research on health and disease and to develop new treatments. Clinical researchers may also do research on how health care practices affect health and disease.

Source: National Cancer Institute Dictionary of Cancer Terms, available at www.cancer.gov/dictionary.