Nutrition in Cancer Care
To Learn More About Nutrition and Cancer Care
Key Points for this Section
National Cancer Institute
For information from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) about nutrition and cancer treatment, see Coping with Cancer: Managing Physical Effects.
For information from NCI about nutrition and cancer prevention, see the following PDQ summaries:
For general nutrition information and other resources, see the following:
United States Department of Agriculture
- Dietary Guidelines for 2010
American Botanical Council
American Cancer Society
American Dietetic Association
American Institute for Cancer Research
American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)
888-644-6226 (NCCAM Clearinghouse)
- 866-464-3615 (toll free TTY)
Office of Dietary Supplements
- American Cancer Society’s Healthy Eating Cookbook: a Celebration of Food, Friends, and Healthy Living. 3rd ed. Atlanta, GA: The American Cancer Society, 2005.
- Bloch A, Cassileth BR, Holmes MD, Thomson CA, eds.: Eating Well, Staying Well During and After Cancer. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society, 2004.
- Ghosh K, Carson L, and Cohen E: Betty Crocker’s Living With Cancer Cookbook: Easy Recipes and Tips Through Treatment and Beyond. New York, NY: Hungry Minds, 2002.
- Weihofen DL, Robbins J, Sullivan PA: Easy-to-Swallow, Easy-to-Chew Cookbook: over 150 Tasty and Nutritious Recipes for People Who Have Difficulty Swallowing. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2002.
- Wilson JR: I-Can’t-Chew Cookbook: Delicious Soft-Diet Recipes for People With Chewing, Swallowing, or Dry-Mouth Disorders. Alameda, Calif: Hunter House Inc., 2003.